Monday, December 29, 2008

Decorating the Christmas Tree

I wanted to post this awhile ago, but we've been so busy.  We had a lot of fun decorating the tree.  Last year I bought a new tree after Christmas when they were 50% off.  We had a 7 ft. tree, but it was pretty skinny.  This one is a 7 1/2 ft. and it's really full.  Each year I get the kids ornaments of whatever they are "into" at the time.  Bob gets the airplane series.  They come out with a new one each year.  Both sets of grandparents usually get ornaments too, so we have lots of ornaments.  I can look at almost everyone and tell you whose it is and where it came from.
The tree I bought has lights attached to it.  We did end up adding one or two more strands.
I have had this star for as long as I can remember.  I've had it since I got my first Christmas tree of my own.
Last year I got smart when I put the ornaments away.  I took each kids and put them in their own box because they always want to put their own on.  It made it much easier this year.
Daddy helping the kids.

Hailey needs to get it just perfect!
Daddy helps Lindsey reach up high.
Johnny's turn up high.
We're all done.  You'll see a lighted up picture and more Christmas pictures in a future post!
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Paula said...

I hope you and your family had a nice Christmas in your new home. I think of you often. Best wishes and blessing in the new year!