Monday, January 25, 2010

Spelling Bee

Lindsey was in her first spelling bee this week.  We studied quite a bit for it.  They did 5th grade- 9th grade words.  There were twelve kids ranging from ages 8-13  and only 3 of them were girls. They picked numbers to see who would go first.   Lindsey got lucky number 1!  She was so nervous.  I've never seen her that nervous.  I have to admit, every time it was her turn, my heart was pumping pretty fast!

Here she is spelling her first word.

She came in 6th out of 12 and she received the award for "best poise."  I was so proud of her. She ended up getting out on the word "adjudicate" which she never spelled wrong when we practiced.  I think it was just a case of the nerves.  She's ready to do it again next year!!




1 comment:

ANITA said...

Congrats Lindsey! The only spelling bee I was in I missed the word 'telephone'. I was so nervous I missed such an easy word! But, I've never misspelled telephone since then :)