Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fig tree



When we first got here we saw about three trees that looked like they had some kind of fruit on them.  We weren't sure what they were so Bob looked it up on the internet and found out they were fig trees.  He was really excited, but me...not so much.  The only experience I've ever had with figs are Fig Newtons and they are just ok.   Well, the figs started to ripen and Bob picked them and guess what?  They are really good.  The girls like them, but Johnny won't even try them.  They don't taste anything like a Fig Newton.  And they are actually not a fruit.  They are an inverted flower.  It's amazing what you learn on the internet.

3 comments:

Bella♥ said...

Hi Linda,

I love your blog. And I will keep checking in with all of you. Sorry I've been so lame lately. The kids had the first day of full day today -- catching up with all the things I didn't do over summer!

Larrick family journey said...

Linda you will do fine. Just look at my blog I didn't know what I was doing either. I know it is not great but it okay. I am glad you are doing this trust me it will be helpfull in the months to come for you. I love ours.

Darla said...

Well Linda I have never been a blog before so this is new to me. I am very glad you did this...I'm excited to hear how things are going for you and to hear how your first experience at a MOPS group went. Lets us know when you find one. Love the dogs!