Well, a lot has happened lately. I was without my van for 11 days....YES I SAID 11 DAYS!! I was stuck at our house the whole time because Bob's truck only holds four people and there are five of us, plus, I can't drive his truck because it's a stick! (No, I never learned). Anyway, we got our van back last Friday and I got to go to Walmart on Saturday. We got up to go to church on Sunday and my car wouldn't start AGAIN. Well, I wasn't too happy because MOPS started the next Tuesday and I knew I wouldn't have a car to go. Luckily, a very nice friend of Bob's offered to lend us their van so I could go to MOPS. What a relief. (he got one of my apples pies out of the deal!!) I went to MOPS yesterday and it was so great to get out and meet people. Everyone was so friendly and made me feel so welcome. Their MOPS is quite a bit smaller than the one back home. There are only 20-30 moms. I met some really nice people and I hope to make some good friends. The only bad thing is most of them live in Monroe which is about 25-30 minutes from our house. But, I had a good time and met some very nice people. Johnny had a really good time too. He hasn't been able to meet any kids either so that was really nice for him. I also took him today to story time at the library. He enjoyed that but was really shy. He only wanted to sit with me and didn't want to get down with the rest of the kids. He seemed to be the oldest one there. The other kids looked to be three and under. I'm not sure he felt real comfortable. They were all girls except one boy who was two. He participated but he stayed with me the whole time.Tonight, I went and got a new cell phone and then we went out to dinner afterwards. This is the first time we've really been out to dinner since we've been here. (By the way, I got my car back today!! YEAH) We decided to go to a local restaurant. It was a seafood restaurant and I got really brave and ordered frog legs. I have never had them before and was a little nervous about eating them. They were actually pretty good. They taste a little like fishy chicken. I guess I would say I prefer chicken, but I'm glad I tried them. The girls have never had them and they got brave and took a little bite. Lindsey liked them, Hailey...not so much! Johnny wouldn't have anything to do with them...imagine that! Bob had never had them either which shocks me because he's eaten so many different types of food. He liked them too.
3 comments:
Wow! That was a big week! I'm glad you got to a MOPS. Don't be discouraged about new friends being 25-30 minutes away. I don't live that close to Chippewa but I've made some great friends, as you know. Not sure if I'm brave enough to eat the crab legs - good for you!
Ooops! I meant FROG legs!
How are things going friend? Hadn't heard much from your blog and just wanted to check and see if things are going okay for you ... we miss you!
April
Post a Comment