Saturday, April 4, 2009

How many things can you get stuck in the tree?

The kids and I were outside playing baseball.  (We play with the big plastic bat and plastic ball.) The kids love when it's their turn to bat, but they seem to love it even more when Mommy bats. When I was hitting the balls they kept hitting the trees and then coming down.  At one point I got one stuck in the tree.  I tried to get it out but didn't have any luck.
Bob came to the rescue.  Well, if you want to call it that. 
First he threw a basketball to try to knock it down.  The basketball got stuck.  Next, he threw a broomstick up at it like a javelin and IT got stuck.  Then, he threw a big roll of masking tape which hit the basketball bounced off and got stuck.  Now we have the softball, a basketball, a broomstick and a roll of tape.  He tries to find something heavy to get this stuff down and goes to get a boot.  He throws the boot up and...yep, you guessed it, it got stuck!  Sooooo, he got a wooden mallet.  He threw it up and...yes...it stuck.  He shook it out of the tree.  He threw it up again and he got the boot.  He thew the mallet back up and it got stuck again.  He threw the boot up to get the mallet out.  After he got that out again he threw it up and one by one got all the rest of the stuff down.  The kids and I sat on the picnic table and just laughed and laughed at the whole thing.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is hillarious! i love it! looks like the eater egg hunt was fun!